Women’s Sexual Health PRP
What is the Most Effective Women’s Sexual Health Treatments? Answer = PRP!!!
- Sex is one of the most important elements of the human experience. Unfortunately, 43% of women, are reportedly suffering from various sexual dysfunctions such as poor lubrication, painful sex and inability to orgasm. The PRP for women’s sexual health procedure is becoming increasingly common. Women who desire a more effective means of reaching an orgasm are turning to this “natural,” non-surgical, almost painless, quick treatment to help resolve their sexual dysfunction.
- Platelet-Rich plasma (PRP) treatments are also being used to decrease or resolve urinary incontinence in some female patients. Urinary stress incontinence is the number one reason elderly women go to the Nursing Homes. Some women cannot exercise because of urinary incontinence while some leak urine whenever they cough, laugh or sneeze.
How Does the PRP Injection for Women’s Sexual Health Treatment Work?
- This in office procedure involves drawing a small amount of blood from the arm, then transferring it to a centrifuge, where it spins for about 10 minutes to separate the platelet-rich plasma (PRP) and the platelet-poor plasma (PPP). Then, using a very tiny needle, the PRP is injected back into the clitoris and upper vagina into the area most important for the sexual response. In this PRP procedure, your own blood platelets are used to promote the growth factors that lead to rejuvenation of the female orgasm system and prompts natural regeneration and healing in the vaginal area.
What Are the Common Benefits to PRP Shots?
- Increased arousal from clitoral stimulation
- Reaching orgasm more frequently
- A rejuvenated look around the skin on the vulva (lips of the vagina)
- A tighter introitus (vaginal opening)
- An increase in sexual desire
- A stronger and more intense orgasm
- Increased natural lubrication
- Ability to have vaginal stimulated orgasm
- Decreased pain for women suffering from dyspareunia (painful intercourse)
- Decreased or resolved urinary incontinence (both urge and stress problems) – Some women suffering from the disorder have reported a complete elimination of symptoms and freedom from medications and potential surgeries.
How Fast Will PRP Injections Help My Conditions?
- Patients can enjoy immediate and noticeable results that should reach their full potential about seven weeks after the treatment. The growth factors will begin to rejuvenate the treatment area right away, and many women report a dramatically improved sexual response and bladder control. An immediate increase in volume takes place, leading to noticeable results.
How Long Should This Women’s Sexual Health Treatment Last?
- As PRP is a form of Regenerative Medicine, the formation of new collagen and elastin leads to mucosal skin thickening and tightening for about 14 months. A repeat of the procedure is necessary, usually about a year after your last treatment. PRP is a form of Regenerative Medicine and has cumulative effects, so it is perfectly safe to have booster treatments sooner than 12 months if desired.
Is it painful? Does the PRP Shot Hurt?
- Light sedation is used so as not to feel any discomfort during the procedure.