Male Testosterone “Low T” Treatments
What is Testosterone Replacement Therapy “TRT” or “Low T” Treatments for Men all About?
- As the male body ages, it begins to decrease production of the primary male hormone testosterone. The symptoms of testosterone deficiency are often attributed to aging and therefore not considered by many to be a treatable condition. Testosterone deficiency is treatable with Bio-identical Testosterone (structurally identical to the testosterone the body already produces). Once the condition of testosterone depletion is treated most if of the negative side effects can be managed.
- Testosterone replacement can be highly effective for men who have the signs of andropause “male menopause” which begins as early as 30 in some. Every patients’ starting hormone levels and symptoms are unique, as well as, their response to treatment. As a result, our medical staff works closely with patients’ to provide unique treatment plans and make appropriate adjustments to optimize the patients blood chemistry.
- Midwest Hormone Center employs a philosophy of aggressive empathy in patient care. We understand the negative impact of aging and our work is to reverse as much of those unnecessary and negative age-related issues. Our first focus is to restore hormonal deficiency that occurs with aging. Then we then address the symptoms of hormonal depletion. There is a broad array of symptoms that are alleviated, and many times symptoms are not even associated with hormonal depletion. Our patients report resolution of negative issues in unanticipated areas. Our patients are far more emphatic respecting the connections of symptom resolution to our treatment than we are. We are thrilled to restore vital living and healthfully managing the aging process for our wonderful patients.
What Are the Medical Benefits of Low T / Male Hormone Therapy?
|Target||Effects Of Testosterone
|Male Sex Organs||Growth, development, maintenance of secondary sex characteristics, sperm production, erections and prostatic function
|Behavior||Improved libido, mood, memory and energy
|Bone||Linear growth, closure of the epiophyses, increases bone mineral density
|Fat tissue ||Body and abdominal fat reduction
|Muscle||Anabolic, increases muscle mass and strength
|Liver||Stimulates production of serum protiens
|Kidney||Stimulates erythropoietin production which increases blood counts
|Heart||Dilates blood vessels in the heart
|Blood||Suppression of clotting factors (II,V,VII), low HDL-cholestrol
|Bone||Stimulates stem cell production
|Hair||Influences body hair growth, especially facial hair
What Are the Symptoms of Testosterone Deficiency During Andropause or “Male Menopause”?
- Low energy / chronic fatigue
- Loss of optimism, low-grade apathy and lack of drive
- Increased forgetfulness
- Irritability: Depressed mood
- Diminished libido
- Erectile dysfunction
- Increase in body fat, especially visceral belly fat
- Decrease in lean muscle mass and strength
- Loss of bone density (osteoporosis)
- Joint pain and backache
- Mental fatigue and inability to maintain focus
What Are the Benefits of Bio-identical Testosterone Replacement Therapy (BHRT) for Men?
- Elevated mood and sense of well being
- Restore and enhance libido as well as ability to achieve and maintain erection
- “Loss of testosterone causes loss of libido, energy, strength, sexual function, memory, cognition, muscle and bone. Testosterone replacement, as far as quality of life is concerned, is tremendous.” Medical Crossfire 2001Jan;Vol.3 No.1:17-18
- Increase lean muscle mass
- Reduces inflammation; Decrease joint stiffness and join pain
- Reduce body fat; especially visceral (belly) fat
- Restore vitality and zest for life, elevate mood
- Increase energy as well as mental and physical stamina
- Reduce insulin resistance
- “Low testosterone levels are associated with higher cardiovascular risk. Testosterone supplementation reduces abdominal fat and improves insulin sensitivity. Testosterone lowers cholesterol also.” Diabetes Metab 2004 Feb;30(1):29-34
- Restore memory and improve concentration
- “Higher testosterone levels increase cognition and memory.” Neurology 2005 Mar. 8; 64-5:866-71.
- Reverse metabolic syndrome
- Protect against heart disease (decrease in total cholesterol, LDL, and triglycerides)
- “Testosterone decreases cholesterol and raises HDL.” Atherosclerosis 1996 Mar;121(1): 35-43.
- Increase bone density (increase calcium retention)
Common Misconceptions of Testosterone Therapy Treatment!
- Many Doctors are not specialist in the area of hormone replacement therapy and follow a consistent “One Treatment for All” approach. All patients are different and react individually to dosages. A customized treatment program is needed from a specialist and often changes over time.
- Many Doctors prescribe dosages to ensure the patient is over the lowest levels on a serum test or blood panel and ignore patient symptoms. Our practitioners review blood panels with great care. Our practitioners also treat the patients and their symptoms. Our objective is to restore the deficiency with the result that the symptoms of deficiency are alleviated.
- At physiologic treatment levels there is no evidence of any increase risk of prostate cancer. Serum tests of PSA are conducted prior to treatment and at periodic intervals through the treatment cycle.
NIA Research on Male Hormone Treatments with Testosterone
The NIA conducted a study on testosterone in the body where the levels of 108 male patients were raised from 370 to 640 ng/dl for 36 months. Each man, on average, lost six pounds of fat and increased five pounds of lean muscle over that period. Additionally, there was improvement in bone density. This study demonstrated that a man’s body composition could improve, even if the starting testosterone level (at 370 ng/dl) was above the low-normal range for males.
For Questions on what to expect on your fist and second visit, Pricing, Insurance, HSA – Please visit our FAQ Section.
Do I Have Low T?
Take the Male Testosterone Deficiency Assessment
3 Testosterone Replacement “TRT” facilities serving Greater Kansas City, and surrounding areas of (Lawrence KS, Topeka KS, Olathe KS, Leawood MO, Lees Summit MO, Blue Springs MO)