Men’s Sexual Health PRP
What is the Most Effective Men’s Sexual Health and/or Erectile Dysfunction Treatment? Answer = PRP!!!
- For the 1 in 3 men over the age of 40 that are dealing with occasional or chronic sexual dysfunction who have tried medications and other treatments in the past with limited success, there is a new solution providing hope to many patients. Men may notice reduced sensation or function due to aging, prostate cancer, an enlarged prostate, surgery, diabetes, or side effects from medications. For men who are experiencing this condition Platelet Rich Plasma therapy has been life altering.
- Platelet Rich Plasma therapy is a simple, non-surgical, and safe procedure that utilizes growth factors that are isolated from your own blood, called platelet-rich plasma (PRP), to treat erectile dysfunction and increase blood flow, improve firmness and sensation, and even stimulate possible length and girth.
How Does the PRP Injection for Men’s Sexual Health Treatment Work?
- The process involves drawing a small amount of blood from the arm, then transferring it to a centrifuge, where it spins for about 10 minutes to separate the platelet-rich plasma (PRP) and the platelet-poor plasma (PPP). The PRP is then taken from the tube and re-injected into the penis, which ostensibly stimulates blood flow and makes the penis appear larger and rejuvenated.
What Are the Common Benefits to PRP Shots?
- Increased strength of erection and firmness
- Increased sexual ability and stamina
- Possible increased length and girth 10 – 20% on average
- Increased sensation
- Increased circulation and blood flow
- Possible improvement in urinary incontinence and prostate issues
- Can make other therapies work much better (if you still need Cialis or Viagra, it may work better for you)
- Straightening of the penis
How Fast will PRP Injections Help My Conditions?
- Patients are able to leave the office to resume their normal activities immediately after the injection. Some patients see results immediately while others may take about 3 weeks. Noticeable increases in size could take a few weeks. Some may not notice any changes and its important to discuss the chance of success with your practitioner. Some men see an immediate increase in sexual function, desire, and pleasure; however, typically it takes up to 8-12 weeks to notice the biggest difference.
How Long Should these Men’s Sexual Health Treatments Last?
- Results should last up to 18 months on average. Occasionally patients may need a second injection treatment within 6 to 12 months of initial treatment. A second injection may be performed 4 to 8 weeks after the original injection to increase effects.
Are there any side effects? Risks? Downtime? from P Injections into the Penis?
- Since the PRP serum is derived from the patient’s own blood, there is little risk of an allergic reaction and no known side effects. The procedure is a simple in-office procedure it takes about 30 minutes, and there is little or no downtime.
Is it Painful? Does the PRP Shot Hurt?
- Penial PRP is tolerated well with little to no pain. A topical numbing medication with benzocaine, lidocaine, and tetracaine is applied to the penis, and a lidocaine block is done prior to the procedure, which significantly reduces any discomfort. You may feel an initial slight pinch or warmth sensation with the lidocaine block, but overall there is minimal to no pain. You can immediately resume normal physical exercise and sexual activity.
Will I Need to See the Doctor After the Penial PRP Procedure?
- A brief follow-up visit is generally recommended four weeks after your P-shot procedure. Some men choose to have a second P-shot injection at this time, but that depends on your particular results, and the opinion of your P-shot doctor.
Who should NOT Get Men’s PRP?
- Low hemoglobin
- Low platelets
- Smokers (results may not be as successful)
- Active infection
- Active cancer