BPC 157 Pentadecapeptide “Healing Peptide”
What is the Body Protection Compound (BPC 157) Healing Peptide “Wolverine”?
BPC 157, or Pentadecapeptide – is composed of 15 amino acids, is a partial sequence of body protection compound (BPC) that is discovered in and isolated from the human gastric juice. Experimentally it has been demonstrated to accelerate the healing and decrease pain of many different wounds and damaged areas. It induced faster muscle healing and full function restoration and improved muscle healing despite systemic corticosteroid treatment when given intraperitoneally or locally and demonstrated functionally, macroscopically, and histologically at all investigated intervals. BPC 157 can positively impact gastric ulcers and gastric lesions, trigger a vascular response to treat or aid in the recovery of ligament healing and tendon healing, and promote bone healing, wound healing, and muscle healing.
BPC 157 can be combined with Growth Hormone for greater effectiveness. “The addition of growth hormone to BPC 157-treated tendon fibroblasts dose- and time-dependently increased the cell proliferation as determined by MTT assay and PCNA expression by RT/real-time PCR.”
What is the Science Behind BPC-157’s Healing Power?
Bpc 157 works during the proliferation and repair phase of wound healing. It improves cell migration and increases cell survival rate under oxidative stress.
- Phase 1: Inflammatory Phase – The inflammatory phase is the bodies initial response to stabilize a wound. In this phase blood vessels constrict and form a clot in order to stop the bleeding. Once the blood flow has been stopped, blood vessels begin to dilate in order to allow essential cells back into the wounded area to promote wound healing and stave off infection.
During the inflammatory phase pain, swelling, heat, and redness will occur. This stage will last for anywhere from 1-5 days.
- Phase 2: Proliferation and Repair Phase – During proliferation, the wound is ‘rebuilt’through cell migration, a process that attracts healthy cells to the injured site.The damaged blood vessels must receive enough oxygen and nutrients to produce healthy granulation tissue(new connective tissue)and new blood vessels, a process known as ‘angiogenesis’. After BPC 157 is administered, granulation tissue grows quicker because BPC 157 improves cell migration and it increases cell survival rate under oxidative stress. In turn this speeds up the process of angiogenesis.
- Phase 3: Remodeling Maturation Phase -Maturation is the final phase and occurs once the wound has closed. This phase involves remodeling of collagen from type III to type I. The cells that had been used to repair the wound, but which are no longer needed are removed by apoptosis, or programmed cell death.Generally, remodeling begins about
What Type of Healing Does BPC 157 Promote?
- Tendon-to-bone healing
- Healing of damaged ligaments
- Muscle Sprains, tears, and damage – it has completely reversed systemic corticosteroid-impaired muscle healing.
- Skin Burns
- Protect organs and to prevent ulcers of the stomach.
- It relieves inflammation
- Promotes outgrowth of tendon fibroblasts
- Improves digestive function
- Protests and heals inflamed intestinal epithelium (leaky gut)
- Improves inflammatory bowel disease
- Protest liver from toxic insults (alcohol, antiboitoics, etc.) and promotes healing
- It heals soft tissue
Available Research / Source on BPC 157
- Stable gastric pentadecapeptide BPC 157 is an antiulcer peptidergic agent, safe in inflammatory bowel disease clinical trials and wound healing, stable in human gastric juice and has no reported toxicity. Notably, it has a prominent effect on alcohol lesions (i.e., acute, chronic) and NSAIDs-lesions (interestingly, BPC 157 both prevents and reverses arthritis) and acts as a free radical scavenger and exhibits neuroprotective properties.
- (Sikiric, P., et al., Stable Gastric Pentadecapeptide BPC 157: Novel Therapy in Gastrointestinal Tract. CPD, 2011. 17(16): p. 1612-1632.)
- Chang CH , et al. (n.d.). The promoting effect of pentadecapeptide BPC 157 on tendon healing involves tendon outgrowth, cell survival, and cell migration. – PubMed – NCBI. National Center for Biotechnology Information. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21030672
- Chang CH , et al. (n.d.). Pentadecapeptide BPC 157 enhances the growth hormone receptor expression in tendon fibroblasts. – PubMed – NCBI. National Center for Biotechnology Information. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25415472
- GwyerD , et al. (n.d.). Gastric pentadecapeptide body protection compound BPC 157 and its role in accelerating musculoskeletal soft tissue healing. – PubMed – NCBI. National Center for Biotechnology Information. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30915550
- PevecD , et al. (n.d.). Impact of pentadecapeptide BPC 157 on muscle healing impaired by systemic corticosteroid application. – PubMed – NCBI. National Center for Biotechnology Information. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20190676
Could I Benefit From A Pain Recovery Treatment?
Take the Pain and Injury Recovery Assessment
Serving the Greater Kansas City, and surrounding areas of (Topeka Kansas, Olathe KS, Liberty Missouri, Parkville MO, Lawrence KS, Independence MO, Lees Summit MO, North Kansas City)